Social Security Card, Credit Card, Employee ID and or Library Card are not acceptable identification when presented alone. Click Here for a Baraat Card or Identification Card

To obtain services from SSA or DMV's you must present a combination of documents that can be used to verify your personal identity. Both agencies SSA and DMV's have services for both Citizens and Non-Citizens.
If you were given a U.S. State issued Birth Certificate then you are recognized as a Citizen. 

You must present two (2) forms of identification; at least one of the documents must be from the Primary document list.
According to U.S. & State Gov agencies the PRIMARY document list
for people who are U.S. born are: 
  • US Birth Certificate or Registration of Birth (Hospital issued not acceptable; foreign place of birth see Non-US Born).
  • Is your U.S. Birth Certificate in your Moorish Name? or in a European name? 
  • US Passport or Passport Card.  
  • Is your U.S. Passport Card or Passport Card in your Moorish Name or in a European name? 
Non-US born persons with U.S. Citizenship will have the following: 
  • US Passport or Passport Card
  • Foreign Passport w/ supporting documents (See Legal Presence noted below)*
  • Certificate of Naturalization*
  • Certificate of Citizenship*
  • Permanent Resident Card*
  • US Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Issued by the Department of State)


Two (2) forms of the same identification will not be accepted.

  • Out of State US photo driver license
  • US Territory or Canadian photo driver license
  • Out of State US or Canadian issued photo learner permit
  • State issued non-driver identification card, driver license or learner permit
    (Your driver license or ID may be required to be surrendered)
  • US Military ID or dependent card with photo
  • State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers
  • Military discharge/separation papers (DD-214)
  • Court Order: Must contain full name and date of birth (i.e. name change, adoption, marriage or civil union dissolution) Does not include abstract of criminal or civil conviction
  • Marriage or Civil Union Certificate (certified copy issued by town/city)
  • Pilot’s license (issued by the US DOT Federal Aviation Administration)
  • Certified school transcript (school photo ID not acceptable)
  • Social Security Card (Not laminated or metal. 16 and older must sign)
  • Department of Corrections original certificate of identification (not available from DOC unless issued when discharged)
  • Baptismal certificate or similar document
  • State or Federal Employee Identification with signature and photo and/or physical description with or without date of birth
  • Employment Authorization card
  • Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • If you cannot present one of the primary IDs above, please present a combination of secondary IDs.
  • Please see Secondary Identification.
  • Please note:
    • If you present an out-of-state ID, you must present an additional ID.

You need to be a member of Murakush University to add comments!

Join Murakush University

Email me when people reply –


This reply was deleted.